Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Rainsong

Rainsong is by Phyllis A. Whitney. Another Whitney classic mystery, this is the story of songwriter Hollis Sands whose world collapses when her husband, legendary singer Ricky Sands, commits suicide. She flees to Long Island to stay with a family friend only to discover that even here she cannot escape the mysterious circumstances surrounding Ricky's death. As she struggles to make sense of the past, she may have found a new love for the future - but wait, is her new love involved in her ex-husband's death? The book has some mature content: murder, drug use, adultery. If you are a Whitney fan, you'll love this book.

Ratings: 8th grade - 9 out of 10 - AC (mature thematic content).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a witness fan. Before I read this Phyllis Whitney book I had read two others. The two that I read were similar in plot so when I read this book I thought I knew what was going to happen. I was definitly wrong. This book did not turn out how I expected. There is never a dull moment this book...