Thursday, November 8, 2012

Gone Girl

Gone Girl is by Gillian Flynn. Nick and his wife are both former New York journalists who have lost their jobs. They have moved to Nick's hometown in Missouri to be closer to his dying parents. He uses the last of his wife's trust fund to buy a bar that he runs with his sister. On the morning of their 5th wedding anniversary, Nick discovers his wife, Amy, is missing. As the investigation continues the police become convinced Nick murdered his wife, but did he? Is Amy dead or did she frame her husband for her murder? I must admit I did not like this novel. There was not one likable character in the entire book. I didn't like Nick, Amy, Nick's parents, Amy's parents, Nick's mistress, the press, the police, the attorney, or any of Amy's dupes. The book is loaded with evil sociopaths, people with serious mental and emotional issues, and the J.P.S. (just plain stupid). Almost everyone I know loves this book, except for me - so those of you who know me take that for what you will.

Ratings: Adult - 2 out of 10 - P (profanity) - AC (mature thematic content) - V (violence).

No comments: