Wednesday, December 20, 2023

A Strange Habit of Mind

A Strange Habit of Mind is by Andrew Klavan. The second book in the realistic fiction Cameron Winter mystery series. When one of his former students commits suicide directly after texting him for help, Cameron finds himself involved with a Big Tech guru and his mercenary bodyguard. Cameron must seek out his old mentor to help him bring Gerald Byrne to justice. I loved When Christmas Comes so much! This book was much darker and I found it hard to read, but I believe it's because it was so "ripped from the news." I look around and see Gerald Byrne's in the world around me: in Big Tech, in government, in monster corporations and I believe that's what really made this book hard for me to read. There is no Cameron Winter in the real world to bring our Byrne's to justice. 

Ratings: 11th grade - 8 out of 10 - V (violence) - AC (mature thematic content). 

No comments: