Sunday, June 2, 2024

The Djinn Waits One Hundred Years

The Djinn Waits One Hundred Years is by Shubnam Khan. A historical fantasy set in South Africa. When Sana and her father move to an old mansion that has been turned into apartments, Sana discovers that the tenants are more than a little strange, as is the house. She begins to wonder about the family that built the house and as she begins to discover their history, strange things begin to happen. When the secrets of the house come to light, will the truth destroy them all? The premise is amazing, but the book was not what I thought it would be - this limited my enjoyment, maybe had I read it at a different time or not read the inside cover I might have gone in with fewer preconceptions - this might have helped. I may try the book again later. 

Ratings: 12th grade - 6 out of 10 - AC (mature thematic content). 

No comments: